Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Mabel Davis, who made history as the first Deaf British headteacher, will retire this summer as headmistress of Heathlands School.
In two video messages posted on YouTube last week, Craig Crowley, the president of International Committee of Sports for the deaf (ICSD), has said Hungary is not the only option to host the 2013 Deaflympics.
A popular Polish sign language interpreter and a Deaf man are among more than 50 others seriously injured in a train crash in southern Krakow, Poland, that has left 16 people dead.
A report published in the medical journal The Lancet last week claims Deaf people are not given a fair opportunity in healthcare.
Tommy Fransson, 46, was hired by a Swedish TV channel to provide sign language interpretation for Deaf viewers of a recent TV music competition to pick the winner to represent Sweden in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
Popular Greenwich Lunch Club moves to a bigger venue.
On Monday 19th March 2012 the British Deaf Association hosted the first British Sign Language Symposium and were delighted to welcome its patron, The Duke of York.
Every Friday we are featuring Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark!
To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people