Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Members of the Deaf community in the Scottish city of Dundee have held a protest outside Kings Cross Hospital last week claiming the local health authority has been ignoring Deaf patients’ needs.
Somali pirates have freed deaf British hostage Judith Tebbutt, 56, more than six months after she was kidnapped from her beach resort in neighbouring Kenya.
Sign language groups in Derby have helped raise more than £1,000 for the British Deaf Association (BDA) as part of the British Sign Language (BSL) Day national campaign.
Two young Deaf students have been caught on camera having sex on a school bus while adults and other students were on board.
The Charlton Athletic Deaf Football Club and Remark! Community supported weekly football club for children and youths have reached new heights – they have been crowned champions of an annual tournament for deaf young players, organised by the National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) on Sunday 18th March in Reading!
Remark!’s in-house tutor Nadia Nadarajah enjoyed returning to Google to provide a second series of Deaf Awareness Training workshops at Google’s Head Office in Victoria.
Remark! Interpreting were excited to provide an interpreter for the BBC documentary: Rita Simons: My Daughter, Deafness and Me.
Every Friday we are featuring Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark!
To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Check out 15 Heartwarming Whispers about Deafness
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Sign Lingual: BSL interpreting and communication services
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- Mykasoft: Deaf-run Web Design Studio
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Krazy Kat: visual theatre with BSL
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children