Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Members of the Deaf community in the Scottish city of Dundee have held a protest outside Kings Cross Hospital last week claiming the local health authority has been ignoring Deaf patients’ needs.
Somali pirates have freed deaf British hostage Judith Tebbutt, 56, more than six months after she was kidnapped from her beach resort in neighbouring Kenya.
Sign language groups in Derby have helped raise more than £1,000 for the British Deaf Association (BDA) as part of the British Sign Language (BSL) Day national campaign.
Two young Deaf students have been caught on camera having sex on a school bus while adults and other students were on board.
The Charlton Athletic Deaf Football Club and Remark! Community supported weekly football club for children and youths have reached new heights – they have been crowned champions of an annual tournament for deaf young players, organised by the National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) on Sunday 18th March in Reading!
Remark!’s in-house tutor Nadia Nadarajah enjoyed returning to Google to provide a second series of Deaf Awareness Training workshops at Google’s Head Office in Victoria.
Remark! Interpreting were excited to provide an interpreter for the BBC documentary: Rita Simons: My Daughter, Deafness and Me.
Every Friday we are featuring Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark!
To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to make Live Automated Captions with Apple’s Latest 'Clips' App
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people