Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
A senior Deaf British diplomat has resigned in disgust at her treatment after the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) refused to pay her communication support for an overseas posting.
A Deaf man from north London told the Enfield Independent he was ‘deeply offended’ after a hospital labelled him ‘deaf and dumb’.
Applications are now open for an exclusive paid six-month-long work placement scheme at the BBC, offering Deaf and disabled people a great opportunity to gain work experience in the media.
The Greater Los Angeles Agency on Deafness (GLAD) will take CNN to court after a California judge rejected CNN’s attempt to have GLAD’s complaint dropped.
London’s popular Science Museum is looking for a new Deaf presenter to join their successful SIGNtific team.
British Sign Language Broadcasting Trust is looking for new trustees to support the trust’s work to promote deaf film-making and BSL-led TV programmes.
DeafVision, a Deaf charity supporting Deaf people across Cumbria in north-west England, could be forced to cut jobs after Cumbria County Council awarded a contract to another Deaf organisation in Birmingham.
Anne Gray, 72, from Tyne and Wear has been receiving letters from her bank about her own death.
A team of German scientists are developing a new device that will enable Deafblind people to communicate and connect with other people using mobile technology.
Every Friday we are featuring Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark!
To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 6 awesome accessibility apps!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people