Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Diamond Jubilee Street party is a roaring success!
Remark! Community joined forces with the BDA to host a huge Deaf street party right outside their offices in Leather Lane, London.
Deaf Oscar winner tells cinema bosses to show more subtitled films
Deaf actress, Marlee Matlin, has urged US cinema bosses to make films accessible for Deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
Auction organised by Fulham Deaf Football Club to raise funds
Chairman of Fulham Deaf Football Club (FDFC), Nick Beese, has organised an auction after the end-of-season presentation party this Saturday, 9th June.
Early exposure to sign language helps Deaf children, research says
Deaf children who sign from birth find it easy to learn new languages compared to children who learn sign language from the age of two to eight, according to a new study.
Signature announces regional communication awards shortlists
Signature, the UK’s leading Deaf and Deafblind communication awarding body, has announced the regional shortlists for this year’s Learner of the Year and Teacher of the Year categories.
Channel 4 launches production training scheme for Deaf and disabled people
Channel 4 is launching a new entry-level production training scheme for Deaf and disabled people who want to work in television.
New Deaf service set up in North East Lincolnshire
Volunteers have set up a support group for Deaf people living in north east Lincolnshire after discovering that there are very few services for Deaf people in the area.
Action on Hearing Loss chief executive to quit
Action on Hearing Loss’ chief executive, Jackie Ballard, will leave her role this September to become the chief executive of Womenkind Worldwide, a leading international women’s rights charity.
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor,Remark!
To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website,http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 6 awesome accessibility apps!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people