Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
US court ruling may force Netflix to offer subtitles
US video-streaming website Netflix could be legally forced to provide subtitles on its videos following a ruling in the US District Court.
New media sign language learning tool launched
A new online learning tool developed by sign language experts is debuted at the recent Deaffest festival in Wolverhampton.
Deaf German football fan’s lipreading tweets becomes a Twitter sensation
Julia Probst’s tweets have become popular with German football fans after she tweets German players and coaches’ comments after reading their lips during the Euro 2012 tournament.
Memorial service for Lord Ashley announced
A memorial service will be held to celebrate the late Lord Ashley’s life and achievements and to bring together those he worked with and whose lives he touched.
Gavin presents to Hamilton Lodge School
On Wednesday 20th June, Hamilton Lodge School had a ‘Deaf Role Model’ day, with four deaf people visiting to talk to the pupils.
Deaf Awareness at The Cabinet Office HMRC
Remark! Training had the opportunity to deliver Deaf Awareness training for the HM Treasury, Cabinet Office in London.
New Deaf theatre group launched in Glasgow
A theatre company in Glasgow has launched a new Deaf Theatre Club, aimed at increasing attendance and awareness of theatre for members of the Deaf community across Scotland.
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to turn on captions on your smartphone
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- Signature: Find out about the Signature conference here.
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children