Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
US court ruling may force Netflix to offer subtitles
US video-streaming website Netflix could be legally forced to provide subtitles on its videos following a ruling in the US District Court.
New media sign language learning tool launched
A new online learning tool developed by sign language experts is debuted at the recent Deaffest festival in Wolverhampton.
Deaf German football fan’s lipreading tweets becomes a Twitter sensation
Julia Probst’s tweets have become popular with German football fans after she tweets German players and coaches’ comments after reading their lips during the Euro 2012 tournament.
Memorial service for Lord Ashley announced
A memorial service will be held to celebrate the late Lord Ashley’s life and achievements and to bring together those he worked with and whose lives he touched.
Gavin presents to Hamilton Lodge School
On Wednesday 20th June, Hamilton Lodge School had a ‘Deaf Role Model’ day, with four deaf people visiting to talk to the pupils.
Deaf Awareness at The Cabinet Office HMRC
Remark! Training had the opportunity to deliver Deaf Awareness training for the HM Treasury, Cabinet Office in London.
New Deaf theatre group launched in Glasgow
A theatre company in Glasgow has launched a new Deaf Theatre Club, aimed at increasing attendance and awareness of theatre for members of the Deaf community across Scotland.
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people