Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Irish Deaf boy misdiagnosed by audiologists
Irish health officials have apologised to the family of a Deaf child after he was repeatedly misdiagnosed.
Deaf people sense touch differently from hearing people
New research reveals that Deaf people sense touch and see things differently from hearing people.
‘Super gloves’ to convert sign language into speech
A group of Ukrainian students have developed hi-tech gloves which enable sign language to be converted into speech.
IUK Deaf Youth Camp cancelled
This year’s IUK Deaf Youth Camp has been cancelled after organisers of the camp announced they cannot find extra cash to stage the event after their funding was reduced
£16m overpaid to pensioners on DLA
About £16 million has been wrongly paid to Deaf and disabled pensioners on Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Attendance Allowance (AA), according to the Department of Works and Pension.
BSL Daily Devotions launched
A new website featuring daily devotions, using extracts from the Bible in British Sign Language, has been launched
Olympic Dreams documentary released
Remark! Production’s ‘Olympic Dreams’ documentary tells the captivating story of Deaf people at the heart of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 6 awesome accessibility apps!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people