Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Job opportunity at Ireland’s Hands On
Mind The Gap Films are looking for a production assistant to work on the new series of Hands On.
Punk Chef pilot to feature at BSL Zone Showcase
It has been revealed that ‘Punk Chef’, a new cookery programme with shed-loads of attitude, will be screened at the BSL Zone Showcase on 15th September 2012.
Brand New Deaf Comedy Show
Brand New Deaf Comedy Show, featuring the likes of Matthew Gurney, David Sands,Memnos Costi, Nadia Nadarajah, Charlotte Arrowsmith, Vitalis Katakinas and Brian Duffy, will be touring all over the UK to raise money for Deaf Volunteers in Sri Lanka.
Deaf Squash held in Portsmouth
Lee-on-Solent club in Portsmouth has been selected as the venue for the World Squash Championships this October.
A fantastic opportunity to become an apprentice
Deaf Apprentice’s new website is now available for deaf people with ambitions to become an apprentice – a mixture of learning while working at the same time.
New arts, culture and heritage centre for Deaf People
Charity organisation, Deafway, had an application approved by Preston Council this week to begin construction on a new flagship arts, culture and heritage centre at Brockholes Brow.
Plymouth Deaf Club granted Alcohol Licence after locals object
Plymouth Deaf Club has been granted a licence to serve alcohol. The first application for a ‘Music, Dance and Alcohol Licence’ was rejected by local residents over fears that late-leaving guests might behave inappropriately and leave litter.
Frank Barnes School to move to new building
The Frank Barnes School for Deaf Children have now been given the green light to move from their current location to an entirely new state of the art development in King’s Cross in 2015.
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out the benefits of live captioning at university!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Stellar Communications: Speech-to-Text services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Helen Foulkes Translations: BSL translations
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children