If you’re in London this weekend and you’d like to see some films in BSL, featuring Deaf actors, made by the cream of Deaf directing talent, then this is for you. Even better, it costs only £1! Read on…
Are you a film buff? Love watching BSL films by Deaf people and Deaf actors?
Then why not go to the BSLBT Showcase?
It’s for everyone!
In the spirit of ‘Team GB’, the BSLBT takes pride in all Deaf people’s achievements and nowhere is that more evident than in the arena of Deaf film-making, writing and acting which has and is continuing to command the world stage.
The BSLBT is delighted to be supporters of such Deaf talent and have commissioned many Deaf films for television and develop opportunities for newcomers. Here’s your chance to see the work of our Deaf writers, directors and actors as the BSLBT is delighted to present its showcase of films by Deaf talent in London on Saturday 15th September 2012.
It’s from 2-9pm and will cost you £1, yes, £1 to get in. You’ll see eleven great films, meet Deaf film-makers, actors and many others and will also have refreshments! All that for a pound, yes, £1! That’s 9 pence per film! Fantastic value! And you can find out about how you can get involved in Deaf film-making too!
Confirmed guests include: Gavin and Elisabeth – presenters of The Hub; Scott Garthwaite – the Punk Chef; Rebecca-Anne Withey, Sean Richards, Robert Duncan – stars of Life Out There; Rebecca Zelic and Wayne Jemmott – stars of Champion of The World. Programme makers include: Louis Neethling, Bim Ajadi, Ted Evans, David Ellington, Camilla Arnold, and all the Zoom 2012 directors.
So that’s Saturday 15th September 2012 from 2-9pm at the Unicorn Theatre, 147 Tooley Street, London SE1 2HZ [round the corner from London Bridge station towards City Hall].
Buy your ticket now! Go to www.bslzone.co.uk and follow the instructions to buy tickets for the best value entertainment event of the year.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 5 funny ways to use captions!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people