Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
When most hearing people take a headache tablet, they’re simply hoping to ease the pain that might have been caused by a stressful day, or a hangover. However, a new study says that the tablets will not only make the pain go away – it could make them deaf, too.
We’ve all stood on someone’s toe by accident, but spare a thought for the deaf man from Preston who stood on a woman’s toes as he stood at a bar, and was violently assaulted as a result.
A deaf woman who campaigned for the rights of deaf and disabled people in education has died, leaving the town of Darlington in mourning.
Children at Hamilton Lodge Deaf School were visited by the drummer from one of the most famous bands of the 1990s last week, when a member of the band Blur, Dave Rountree, played along to some of his most famous songs with them.
Remark! Community had a busy summer with East London and Deaf Self play schemes, running throughout the summer.
Birmingham’s Selly Oak Methodist Church has become the latest venue forRemark Community’s Lunch Club enterprise, making it the sixth club they have launched in the UK in the space of only two years.
Remark! new BSL Breakfast Club
At Remark! we have recently had our first ever BSL Level 1 Breakfast club, which was a huge hit with the students.
In a ground-breaking scientific breakthrough, scientists have used stem cells to make deaf gerbils hear again.
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out the benefits of live captioning at university!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Stellar Communications: Speech-to-Text services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Helen Foulkes Translations: BSL translations
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children