The Limping Chicken features articles by a range of deaf writers, and we welcome YOUR contributions!
Since this site was launched in February this year, we have published writing by over 60 deaf writers, many of whom have written for us again and again. We get over 1000 views a day, and we’re now fast approaching 300,000 views!
Just take a look at our writers page to get an idea of what kind of articles we publish http://limpingchicken.com/writers/ and to find out what the most popular articles on this site are so far, go to: http://limpingchicken.com/most-viewed/
You may be a professional writer, someone who writes a blog, or perhaps you’ve never written anything for publication before.
Either way, if we like your idea, we’re ready to help you turn it into a piece published here on the site!
Basically, we’re looking for articles that shine a light on deaf experience.
You might have a funny story to tell, a fresh idea, or an opinion you have. It could be a news story, or even a tale you’d prefer to tell anonymously for The Secret Deafie column.
Whatever it is, just write a short email telling us roughly what you’d like to say! We can’t promise we’ll say yes, but you will get a reply.
Your story doesn’t have to be written in English. If you’re more comfortable telling your story in BSL, you can send us a video that will be added to the site with a written transcription!
Simply get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people