Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Deaf woman dies in train track tragedy
An inquest has recorded a verdict of accidental death after a Deaf woman was tragically killed by a train after sitting on the railway line
Bristol conference, called ‘Sleepwalking into Eugenics’ marked the end of a two year project focusing on genetics and the concept of Deafhood.
300 year old book reveals early attempts at deaf communication
A communication manual which belonged to a deaf teenager has been discovered at an English manor.
University set to research link between cochlear implants and sign language
America’s RIT has received a $2.3 million research grant to conduct a four year study into the interactions between language, learning and cognitive abilities of deaf students with cochlear implants.
New drop in service for Deaf and deafblind people in Barnet
A new drop in service called ‘BSL Tuesdays’ will provide information, advice and advocacy for Deaf and deafblind sign language users living in Barnet.
LIVE AT GREEN LANES: Comedy Show at St John’s Centre
There will be a Deaf Comedy show at Green Lanes Deaf Club this Friday
Interpreter takes home 3 awards at prestigious ceremony
Zane Hema, Registered Sign Language Interpreter takes home 3 awards at the Signature Annual Awards
DCAL searches for parents of deaf children for educational research project
A new project at DCAL is aiming to investigate how deaf children’s planning, working memory, attention and problem solving, which are know as executive functions, develop over time.
Apology for deaf footballer from taxi firm boss
Boss of taxi firm, Addison Lee, has apologised after comments about Deaf Footballer
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Should sign language be taught in schools?
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service