Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Hub Programme 10 out on your screens!
The latest programme of The Hub is available to watch
Real Madrid footballer plays football with African Deaf children
Real Madrid star gives surprise visit to African Deaf Children
Spark Socket alerts Deaf people to text messages using lightbulbs
A new invention allows users to control their lightbulbs from their mobile phones
MP demands better access to Parliament for Deaf people
An MP has asked the BBC to make televised coverage of parliament more accessible to deaf viewers
Iconic signs help children learn language
Researchers have discovered that Iconic Signs are easier for Deaf Children to learn
Treasurer arrested for allegedly stealing from Deaf Club
In Illinois, America, the treasurer of a Deaf Club has been arrested for allegedly stealing money from its bank account.
Diabetes could cause deafness
Research from Japan has shown that diabetes may make people deaf
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out about things Deaf people didn't realise made sounds
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people