Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Soldier proposes to girlfriend in sign language
When an American woman went to the airport to meet her boyfriend returning from the Army, he surprised her by proposing in sign language!
Deaf music orchestra
A new project called Feel the Music is giving deaf children across Europe the chance to take part in music by feeling the vibrations on musical instruments
Deafblind world record holder targeted by burglars
A Deafblind world record holder is having to rebuild his life before Christmas after the premises of his business were burgled last week.
Deaf teen awarded 300,000 euros
A young Irish man has been awarded €300,000 settlement because of an alleged delay in being diagnosed as being profoundly deaf.
Deaf man with Usher Syndrome refused interpreter by gym
James Clarke, who has Usher Syndrome, has spent six months trying to make his gym pay for a sign language interpreter.
Dozens of clergy alleged to have abused children at Deaf School in Canada
In Quebec, Canada, more than 60 former students of a Deaf school are pursuing a lawsuit against 28 Roman Catholic priests and brothers.
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 5 funny ways to use captions!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people