Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
DCAL looking for volunteers for International Conference
The Deafness, Cognition And Language Research Centre are hosting the “Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research” conference from the 10th-13th July 2013
Lloyds TSB become first UK bank to allow Deaf customers to contact them in BSL
To access the service, all a customer needs to do is click on a link on the ‘contact us’ page at the bank’s website.
Campaign looks to tackle mental health in Scotland
Charity has teamed up with the Scottish Council on Deafness to launch a campaign called the Helping Hand.
Deaf man assaulted for just £40
A 45 year old Deaf man was attacked from behind then repeatedly punched in Bury, near Manchester.
NDCS release video starring Downton Abbey star to campaign against cuts to deaf education
Now, the NDCS have released a video as part of their Stolen Futures campaign, starring Downton Abbey actor Jim Carter and deaf musician Dame Evelyn Glennie.
Deaf American man sues after being denied interpreter in prison
William Pierce, 44, who is Deaf and has trouble understanding written English, was in prison for 51 days, and had no access to an interpreter during that time.
South Tyneside Council Launches Mobile Sign App
Sign It is a British Sign Language (BSL) dictionary containing over 750 video clips of commonly used words.
Remark Training Delivers BSL Workshop at Unicef
The London based charity eased employees’ January blues by delivering a Wellbeing Week brimming with exciting activities.
Deaf students’ GCSE results are falling
The results led the National Deaf Children’s Society to accuse the Government of failing deaf children. The charity see the poor results as being due to cuts in educational support
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to make Live Automated Captions with Apple’s Latest 'Clips' App
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people