Princess Diana always held a special place in the hearts of Deaf people in the UK because of her efforts to learn sign language, and it looks like this has rubbed off on Prince Harry, after he was filmed signing with children at a deaf school in Lesotho.
Y’know, the naked photos in Vagas, dressing up in inappropriate fancy dress and a habit of using offensive terms for colleagues from ethnic minorities, well, us Deafies can (almost) forgive all that, because as you can tell from the photos, Harry made their day.
Prince Harry has said he hopes his late mother would be “proud” of his fundraising efforts, as he launched a project to help disadvantaged children in South Africa.
The Prince mentioned Diana, Princess of Wales, as he gave a speech at a gala dinner for his Sentebale charity.
Earlier in the day, he met youngsters at a school for deaf children in Lesotho, where he learned sign language and took part in a kneeling dance.
The royal hopes to raise £2.5m to build the Mamohato Centre, which will provide psychological care and offer mentoring to children with HIV/Aids.
Read the full article here: http://news.sky.com/story/1057572/prince-harry-i-hope-diana-is-proud-of-me
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people