Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Deaf woman shocked after bank refused to serve her
a 57 year old Deaf woman from Gloucester, was left shocked after she was unable to access her bank account because they would not accept her call, which was made with an interpreter.
Leading figures in Deaf world to unite at Deaf students conference
A ground-breaking conference has been set up to help plan a better future for Deaf students
in the UK.
Deaf man beaten up during evangelist’s performance
Benny Hinn’s son Joshua Hinn then allegedly attacked him, and later locked him in a trailer before assaulting him.
Deaf school benefits from Pippa Middleton’s support
deaf children are set to benefit, because, after becoming a patron to a number of charities,
she is now also lending her support to Mary Hare deaf school.
Scottish project a success
A Scottish project to help more deaf and hard of hearing people access Citizens Advice
Bureaus (CAB) has been hailed as a success.
Hostess sues nightclub after nearly going deaf
Margaret Clemente worked in New York as a hostess in a VIP section of a nightclub and after prolonged exposure to loud music, found she had lost some of her hearing in one ear.
Article says volunteers who work with Deaf people abroad may cause harm as well as good
volunteers who travel abroad to work with Deaf people “can often do harm as well as good,” because they teach local Deaf people signs that do not match their local sign language.
Every week we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 5 funny ways to use captions!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people