It has been reported that a Deaflympics Judo star has been killed in the recent fighting in the Ukraine.
Sourds.net has posted a news story which says Dmitry Maximov, who won silver and bronze at the games in Sofia last summer, was killed after being hit by a grenade in fighting on 18th February.
On independence is dead Dmitry Maximov – silver and bronze medalist in the Olympic Games of theDeaf judo in Sofia.
This is reported by users of social networks.
The guy died on 18 February , he yesterday identified relatives .
“Martyrdom, the death terrible 19 years – athlete with a friend deaf which is formed together with thepeople who have defended the Ukrainian state on the Maidan When the shooting started, grenade tore his arm Someone Man House unions, where he died of blood loss. His body lay in a few days Michael Cathedral.
Dmitry Maximov was a real hope for the team National Olympic of deaf Ukraine, debuting in Sofia – 2013, he won two prices more prestigious – bronze in the individual event and the silver in the team “- said in a statement.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 5 funny ways to use captions!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people