The newest supporter of this site is cSeeker, which is a new company run by two Deaf brothers, Guy and Alex Orlov. Here they tell us all about themselves and their new venture.
Tell me about you both?
We are two Deaf brothers in our 30s, from London and Leeds. We were born in Moscow, Russia, but grew up in Tel Aviv, Israel!
We use Russian, Hebrew, English, British Sign Language and Israeli Sign Language in our daily communication.
Guy is an entrepreneur, who enjoys travelling around the world, socialising and watching football; Alex is an artist and graphic designer, who enjoys being creative and reading some heavy classics.
What is your background?
Guy has a BSc (Hons) in Computing Visualisation from Sheffield Hallam University.
Alex Orlov has got a BA (Hons) in Graphic Design from the University of Derby.
After graduation, Alex worked in various advertising and design agencies as a branding and web designer. Since 2008, he has become fully self-employed and has established his own design studio.
What is the new company aiming to do?
cSeeker is aiming to be an easy and quick online service to help Deaf people find and book Language Service Professionals (LSP).
The LSP will be able to find new clients and manage their workflow easily by using such tools as an online Calendar, Dashboard and more, depending on the plan.
How will it make a difference?
We know how difficult it can be to find an appropriate LSP.
If we can’t book somebody we are acquainted with, we have to Google other LSPs, check their qualifications and experience, to contact them, then wait for their response… so stressful it is, isn’t it?
And we sometimes have to ask our mother to give that LSP a quick phone call to request a booking…
No more. cSeeker brings us power and independency!
How can people use cSeeker?
Type cseeker.co.uk into the browser window.
Then, the first thing you will see is the big green search box, just like the ones at EasyJet or Ryanair or local trains websites.
After clicking on the ‘search’ button, you get the results. Just choose the one you feel matches your needs the most, and wait for confirmation via SMS or e-mail!
What are your hopes for the future?
We hope that in the future, technology together with human creativity will enable maximum independence and freedom for Deaf people.
And we hope that cSeeker is going to be an integral part of this change.
Find out all about cSeeker at this link: http://www.cseeker.co.uk
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people