All these films are subtitled, and the Q&As that follow the films will have a BSL interpreter.
Tickets can be purchased from the BFI Box Office.
Simply quote ‘Access’ when you book, by phoning 020 7815 1411 or emailing LFF.Ticketing@bfi.org.uk.
Tickets are available for the following screenings:
Saturday, 18 October 2014
Vue West End
A young Ethiopian woman faces the death penalty for killing the man who raped her until a brave lawyer decides to take on her case.
Thursday, 16 October 2014
Odeon West End
Céline Sciamma’s triumphant third film is a beautifully observed examination of a young girl’s search for identity in the underprivileged suburbs of Paris.
Friday, 10 October 2014
Odeon West End
A town is invaded by radical Islamists who install an extreme form of Sharia Law, only to find the local populace finding their own ways of dealing with it.
Thursday, 9 October 2014
Vue West End
A blind teen boy falls in love with the new guy at school in Daniel Ribeiro’s heart-warming charmer.
Sunday, 12 October 2014
Six hilarious short stories combine to form a macabre tango at the gates of madness in this outrageous comedy about the trials of modern life.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people