Seventeen team members.
Aroma jockeys from Holland.
Visual jockey from America.
Food that’ll make your tastebuds tingle with anti…. cipation.
13 DJs including Utah Jazz, Grooverider and… Fabio, who has been described as one of the best DJs of all time.
40 piece Samba band.
Science Guerilla (www.guerillascience.org)
Blend these all together and you have a recipe for a hell of a weekend.
Best served to anyone and everyone who knows how to party.
Why? Why do all this?
Well, Sencity is actually an intentional music project that trains people to create major music events for deaf and hearing people.
It’s not JUST about having a good time, (although we can guarantee you WILL have a good time!) it’s all about giving people opportunities to perform.
For the hearing performers, it’s a challenge – how can they make their music accessible for deaf people? They get to experiment and explore music in a whole new dimension.
It’s also an opportunity for the seventeen team members, deaf and hearing, to come together and create an event that will test their wits.. and possibly sanity.
It’s a chance for them to showcase and learn new skills, gain networking experience and contacts.
What’s going to happen?
What’s going to happen?
Well, it’ll be a night to remember, that’s for sure… with surprises that’ll knock you senseless.
Just like Mary Poppins delighted the Banks children with her secret bag, we have plenty of acts in our bags – raring to go and give you a performance of a lifetime!
We’ve taken onboard all the feedback we received from various Sencity events all over the world feedback and now… armed with a new vibrant team, all of them bursting with energy and vigour.
Come and let us transport you off to a new dimension – enter a weirdly sexy world where nothing is what it seems… thrills and vaudeville, the weird and wonderful.. and enjoy the night that is… Sencity.
Find out more and book tickets here: http://www.your-sencity.com/index.php?page=london-25th-october&hl=eng
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out the benefits of live captioning at university!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Stellar Communications: Speech-to-Text services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Helen Foulkes Translations: BSL translations
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children