Deaf-led organisation SignVideo, who are one of the supporters of this site, has launched a new website after 11 years with the same look.
To view this information in BSL, click play below.
The company, who provide BSL video interpreting services to UK brands such as Barclays, Sainsbury’s, NSPCC and BT, decided to bring their branding up to date with a fresh new look, including the development and launch of a brand new, visually-driven, interactive website.
The new website is developed with a BSL-using audience in mind – including deaf, hard of hearing, Usher and partially sighted visitors.
British Sign Language video interpretations are used on each page and a video contact button allows visitors to video call SignVideo in BSL, or leave BSL signed videomails. There are also options to change the visual impact of the website itself and BSL videos have been designed with focus on appropriate contrast in background and clothing.
Jeff McWhinney, deaf entrepreneur and Founder and Chairman of SignVideo said “Over the last 2 years we have been working more closely with service providers in the UK to help them make their customer services more accessible to the 150,000 deaf BSL users in the UK. We needed our brand to reflect our professionalism as a BSL video based interpreting services partner for both our business customer segment and the individual clients who use our services every day.”
“Our new website allows us to more effectively engage with our customers, partners and supporters alike – whether they are Deaf, BSL-using or hearing people,”Mark Hudson, Managing Director explains. “It’s a hub for knowledge about Video Relay Services and Video Remote Interpreting and we hope that it will become a go-to resource for people wanting more information about BSL video interpreting and the variety of applications in which it can be deployed. We especially hope organisations in the UK will be informed by our website in what needs to be done to drive equality of communication for the BSL community in the UK. Every BSL user should have the same access as hearing people, be that to customer services, contact centres, branch support or anywhere else.”
You can see SignVideo’s new website at www.signvideo.co.uk.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people