This is a paid-for post.
West Yorkshire Playhouse and Sheffield Theatres are seeking an Agent for Change to work on the Ramps on the Moon project.
Ramps on the Moon brings together a collaborative network of six regional producing theatres.
These theatres are committed to offering opportunities to D/deaf and disabled people by putting D/deaf and disabled artists and audiences at the centre of their programmes to embed accessibility and inclusivity into mainstream theatre.
The Agent for Change will work with West Yorkshire Playhouse and Sheffield Theatres (the host venues) to support organisational and sector change.
This post is offered on a part time basis (20 hours per week, shared across the host venues). The salary is £24,960 per annum, pro rata. The initial contract is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
For more information and to apply for this post please go to the Playhouse website: https://www.wyp.org.uk/about/about-us/opportunities/job-opportunities/
The closing date for applications is Friday 11 December.
We particularly welcome applications from D/deaf and disabled people and will guarantee an interview to any D/deaf and disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria for this role.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out 5 ways to fund live captions at your event!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people