This is a sponsored post from London’s Borough Market.
Borough Market are delighted to be taking part in the second Disabled Access Day on Saturday 12th March.
Disabled Access Day is a nationwide initiative run by Euan’s Guide to highlight venues across the UK who offer accessible events for the disabled community.
First off, the Market will be hosting a live cookery demonstration with MasterChef 2015 finalist Tony Rodd, with an interpreter on hand to provide BSL for the deaf community.
Tony will be showcasing a winning menu without the pressure of MasterChef judges being present, bringing along his passion for playing with texture, aroma and presentation.
Join him at the demo kitchen in the Market Hall between 12-2pm on Saturday 12th March, you can take away recipes to try at home and tasters will be available.
His menu includes:
- Chicken liver parfait with garlic toast and an onion chutney
- Warm salad of roast trout, crab and samphire with crab sauce
- Orange panna cotta with cardamom shortbread biscuits and burnt orange segments
In the pod next door, regular demo chef Celia Brooks will be running a blindfolded tasting activity, showing visitors how the taste of Market ingredients’ is altered when you can’t rely on your sight.
Go along and challenge yourself to guess as many Market delights as you can. This will be running simultaneously between 12-2pm.
No need to book, just turn up!
To find out more about Borough Market, go to: http://boroughmarket.org.uk/
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people