Head to the Roald Dahl Museum on Saturday 12 March for BSL-signed stories and talks, and try out their revolutionary new sign language app, Signly.
Join in with signed storytelling from Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes at 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm, and find out just how Roald Dahl set about writing his swashboggling stories on one of the signed Writing Hut Talks at 11am, 12pm and 1pm.
The sessions are free with Museum entry and suitable for anyone to attend whether deaf or hearing. There’s no need to book and visitors can attend as many sessions as they like.
You may also like to try out the Museum’s new sign language app, Signly. You can download the app before your visit (or while at the Museum using the free WiFi), and use it to unlock filmed BSL-signed information around the galleries by scanning QR codes.
There are over 20 Signly points around the Museum – it’s like having your own interpreter in your pocket.
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre can be found at: 81-83 High Street, Great Missenden, Bucks, HP16 0AL
The phone number is 01494 892192 and the website is www.roalddahl.com/museum
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out 5 ways to fund live captions at your event!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people