Head to the Roald Dahl Museum on Saturday 12 March for BSL-signed stories and talks, and try out their revolutionary new sign language app, Signly.
Join in with signed storytelling from Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes at 11.30am, 12.30pm and 1.30pm, and find out just how Roald Dahl set about writing his swashboggling stories on one of the signed Writing Hut Talks at 11am, 12pm and 1pm.
The sessions are free with Museum entry and suitable for anyone to attend whether deaf or hearing. There’s no need to book and visitors can attend as many sessions as they like.
You may also like to try out the Museum’s new sign language app, Signly. You can download the app before your visit (or while at the Museum using the free WiFi), and use it to unlock filmed BSL-signed information around the galleries by scanning QR codes.
There are over 20 Signly points around the Museum – it’s like having your own interpreter in your pocket.
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre can be found at: 81-83 High Street, Great Missenden, Bucks, HP16 0AL
The phone number is 01494 892192 and the website is www.roalddahl.com/museum
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people