This is a sponsored post from Flashsticks.com.
FlashSticks® are interactive language Post-it® Notes that help you learn another language.
As well as having notes to learn foreign languages, FlashSticks® are also now available to help learn British Sign Language. These BSL packs have been developed in conjunction with awarding body, Signature.
Each BSL pack contains 100 unique words to learn, each one printed on its own unique Post-it® Note. The notes are great for labelling objects or simply sticking in convenient places around the home, helping the entire family to learn together.
Each note shows the word to learn, a visual icon to explain how to sign the word and some text instructions too.
We also love the free FlashSticks App, which allows you to hover a smartphone or tablet over any of the notes to see a quick video of how to sign the word.
The App is entirely free to use on iOS and Android devices and users simply need to search for ‘FlashSticks’ on the App or Play stores of their device.
BSL FlashSticks also have the support of the Royal Association for Deaf People (RAD). Amanda Casson-Webb (Director of Communication Services and Community Development) commented:
“Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD) is delighted to be working with the UK company FlashSticks® to help engage the hearing world further with BSL. RAD is encouraging people to help ‘spread a little BSL love’ by purchasing a pack of BSL Post-it® Notes for friends, family or colleagues. The notes are a new, fun and effective interactive teaching aid for many environments such as the home, schools, workplace, care homes, and so on.”
Company CEO for FlashSticks, Veejay Lingiah added:
“Learning to sign can be such an important step to help bring people closer together, especially families and so we’re thrilled to be helping with this journey for lots of people across the country.”
As well as BSL FlashSticks, these fun language learning notes are also available for Spanish, French, German, Italian and English.
FlashSticks can be purchased at WHSmith, Tesco, Amazon, Staples, Foyles, Blackwells and many more UK retailers.
Find out more on the Flashsticks website by clicking here for the BSL taster pack.
Use the below offer codes to receive your exclusive discount:
LIMPINGCHICKEN10 – will give you 10% off BSL or any language packs.
LIMPINGCHICKEN20 – will give you 20% off 10 or more BSL packs.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people