Our supporter Action Deafness, a deaf-led national charitable company, has become one of the first Deaf-specific community and support providers to have its personal care support service fully endorsed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC); the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England and Wales.
Action Deafness underwent a rigorous application of all aspects of its community and personal care support service to gain the endorsement. All met the essential national standards of quality, information, security and safety, according to the CQC.
Chief Executive Craig Crowley says:
“This accreditation is a true testament to Action Deafness large Community team led by our Manager, Mhairi Simpson and their expertise in the deaf-specific personal assistance and community support which we have built up over the last six years. We are absolutely delighted for Mhairi, this is a well-deserved recognition as Registered Manager, a rare but fundamental feat as a Deaf manager to attain this responsible role.”
Jaz Mann, Head of Services says:
“The relevance of the Care Quality Commission is recognised by many of our clients in the health and social care provision and beyond, the associated standards of quality, information, security and safety are seen as paramount to the welfare and wellbeing of our clients/service users who are Deaf and hard of hearing.”
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out 5 ways to fund live captions at your event!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people