Our supporter Action Deafness, a deaf-led national charitable company, has become one of the first Deaf-specific community and support providers to have its personal care support service fully endorsed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC); the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England and Wales.
Action Deafness underwent a rigorous application of all aspects of its community and personal care support service to gain the endorsement. All met the essential national standards of quality, information, security and safety, according to the CQC.
Chief Executive Craig Crowley says:
“This accreditation is a true testament to Action Deafness large Community team led by our Manager, Mhairi Simpson and their expertise in the deaf-specific personal assistance and community support which we have built up over the last six years. We are absolutely delighted for Mhairi, this is a well-deserved recognition as Registered Manager, a rare but fundamental feat as a Deaf manager to attain this responsible role.”
Jaz Mann, Head of Services says:
“The relevance of the Care Quality Commission is recognised by many of our clients in the health and social care provision and beyond, the associated standards of quality, information, security and safety are seen as paramount to the welfare and wellbeing of our clients/service users who are Deaf and hard of hearing.”
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people