YOUchoose, a Community and Personal Care Support Consortium, has launched a brand new website to promote its services and opportunities to a wider audience, aiming to deliver innovative community and personal care support to Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing clients.
The team behind YOUchoose say that their “‘deaf-specific’ person-centred approach has proven to boost client confidence, reduce isolation, maintain accessibility, increase safety and help clients develop their independence.”
They add: “In the wake of the economic crisis and enduring austerity, provision of health and social care has suffered dramatically. Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing clients no longer feel safe as they do not have access to specialised support as they once did.”
Among the partners in YOUchoose are: DeafCOG, Deaf Smart, Gloucestershire Deaf Association, Manchester Deaf Centre, and Action Deafness.
“The YOUchoose website reflects the exciting developments behind the new consortium and showcases our fresh approach to solutions for Deaf and hard of hearing people in what is clearly a new era.” said Jenny Hopkins, YOUchoose partner and Chief Executive of Gloucestershire Deaf Association (GDA).
Find out more at: http://youchoosesupport.org.uk/
The YOUchoose Partnership will be officially launched in May 2016 during the Deaf Awareness Week.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people