YOUchoose, a Community and Personal Care Support Consortium, has launched a brand new website to promote its services and opportunities to a wider audience, aiming to deliver innovative community and personal care support to Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing clients.
The team behind YOUchoose say that their “‘deaf-specific’ person-centred approach has proven to boost client confidence, reduce isolation, maintain accessibility, increase safety and help clients develop their independence.”
They add: “In the wake of the economic crisis and enduring austerity, provision of health and social care has suffered dramatically. Deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing clients no longer feel safe as they do not have access to specialised support as they once did.”
Among the partners in YOUchoose are: DeafCOG, Deaf Smart, Gloucestershire Deaf Association, Manchester Deaf Centre, and Action Deafness.
“The YOUchoose website reflects the exciting developments behind the new consortium and showcases our fresh approach to solutions for Deaf and hard of hearing people in what is clearly a new era.” said Jenny Hopkins, YOUchoose partner and Chief Executive of Gloucestershire Deaf Association (GDA).
Find out more at: http://youchoosesupport.org.uk/
The YOUchoose Partnership will be officially launched in May 2016 during the Deaf Awareness Week.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people