This is a sponsored post.
Cookery demonstrations with BSL interpretation services take place at Borough Market every month.
A brigade of professional chefs and food writers, accomplished in a wide range of culinary disciplines, provide free demonstrations in the Market Hall, between 12.30-2pm.
They offer a snapshot of the best seasonal produce available from the Market and impart their expert knowledge for home cooks.
Friday 29th April – Greek Easter
To celebrate Greek Easter, chef Tony Rodd is going back to his roots at the demo kitchen, recreating recipes found in his mother’s cook book dating back many years.
Joined by Marianna from Oliveology, he will be using traditional Greek produce from her stall made on a small organic farm in Sparta, Greece.
Greek music, dancing, fun and games will ensue, with the opportunity to win a joint of lamb too!
Friday 6th May – Deaf Awareness week demo
We will be holding an extra BSL signed demo kitchen to mark Deaf Awareness week. Seasonal recipes, cookery tips and free tasters will be available for all to take away.
Friday 27th May – Chelsea Fringe Find and Feast cookery demonstration
Celebrated veggie chef Celia Brooks will be teaming up with forager Ceri Buckmaster who will be showing us how to cook with wild food.
Ceri will be shining a spotlight on wild food as the ‘new street food’, inspired by the wild plants that grow in urban areas, as well as by the people and diverse food traditions present in the city.
Celia is the author of eight fundamentally vegetarian cookery books and a very experienced allotmenteer, who grows for the table and for pleasure.
Friday 24th June – Oliver Rowe
Oliver Rowe will be cooking recipes inspired from his forthcoming book ‘Food for all seasons’ showing us what nature’s bounty has to offer.
For further information and details of the full demonstration schedule visit www.boroughmarket.org.uk/events
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to make Live Automated Captions with Apple’s Latest 'Clips' App
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people