Sellebrity Soccer, the charity football organisation, is raising money for the Great Britain Men’s and Women’s Deaf Football teams, with a celebrity game being hosted by Doncaster Rovers on 29th May.
The Sunday game at Doncaster Rovers FC will draw celebrities from all over the UK, including stars from TV and the music industry, such as TOWIE’s Dan Osbourne; X Factor stars Jay James and James Graham; and EastEnders actor Dean Gaffney.
Kevin Cooper, ex AFC Wimbledon record goal scorer and cofounder of Sellebrity Soccer, speaks about the importance of supporting GBs Deaf Football:
“We’ve helped so many worthwhile charities over the years and raised thousands of pounds for them. Now we’re bringing it back to football and it means a lot to be helping GB get to Italy for the 2016 Deaf World Cup.” “They need to raise £25,000, so we’re looking for a great turn out to this event. It looks set to be an exciting match for everyone who attends and there’s always a chance to meet the celebrities afterwards.”
Tickets are available to buy from the Doncaster Rovers Ticket office or online at http://www.keepmoatstadium.talent-sport.co.uk/. The price is £10 for adults, £5 for concessions and £35 for VIP meet-and-greet tickets. Kick-off will be at 2.30pm.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. 5 tips for travelling with hearing loss!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- Signature: Find out about the Signature conference here.
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children