This is a sponsored post. For BSL videos, scroll down the page.
Mousetrap Theatre Projects is launching a new theatre audience club for deaf 16-25 year-olds, with offers to some of London’s top theatre productions for less than the price of a cinema ticket.
Members of the scheme, called AccessTheatre4£5, will benefit from:
- £5 tickets to BSL interpreted or captioned performances in London’s best theatres
- Extra events like pre-show or post-show talks with the actors or creative teams
- A Mousetrap representative at each event to greet and support members
- The chance to join Mousetrap Theatre Projects Youth Forum
- Social events
The first event is at Disney’s The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre on Sunday 5 February at 2.30 pm with an accessible pre-show talk with the creative team at 1.00pm.
Only members are eligible for this offer, and future theatre offers. Every ticket holder for each event must be aged 16-25 (no parents or younger siblings) and either a signed-up member or a companion (also aged 16-25). Once members have signed up, they will receive details via email of how to book the latest offer.
Watch the promo in BSL below:
Watch the BSL introduction below:
Get in touch with Mousetrap by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people