This article is a sponsored post from Signed Culture.
Are you Deaf? Do you use BSL? Do you like going to interpreted theatre, museum tours or art gallery events that have been made accessible?
To watch this post in BSL, click play below!
That’s why Signed Culture is here – to help!
Signed Culture, which used to be known as Signed Performance in Theatre, or SPIT, has been supporting and promoting BSL access to the arts for over 20 years, helping Deaf people to enjoy amazing theatre performances.
But now, SPIT has become Signed Culture, we not only promote accessible theatre, but access to museums, art galleries, and any other arts event.
Last year we did some research with some Deaf people and they said they wanted one website with all the information about accessible arts events in one place – and this is what we’re developing.
So, we need you to become members! It’s free – we just need your name, email address and region you live in (click here to sign up!) and then we will send you regular e-newsletters with what’s happening in your region.
Please also tell your friends, family, colleagues to become members too – we need to prove to the world there are lots of Deaf people who want to go to accessible arts events, and then hopefully more venues will provide some access.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to turn on captions on your smartphone
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- Signature: Find out about the Signature conference here.
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children