The DWP have said they are beginning a piece of work to look in detail at Access to Work and how it can be improved for their customers. (This could include people who use AtW, people who want to use AtW, employers, interpreters, etc.)
So they would like you to tell them about your experience of AtW, good and bad, to help them decide where to focus making improvements.
It is always useful to have real feedback from you, to make sure that they identify the most important things. So DeafATW has offered to help collect your feedback, and send it to them.
Because we know you’re busy, DeafATW has created a really, really short survey. Just three questions. And we don’t need the whole story, just a short explanation. If AtW want more information, then we can email you to ask if you can tell them more.
If you’d prefer to answer in BSL, contact me (email@example.com), and we can arrange to Skype or FaceTime. You can see the survey questions in BSL on http://www.deafatw.com/updates.html or below via YouTube:
Please answer by Thursday 9th February, as DeafATW will send the report to DWP Friday 10th February.
This is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DeafATW
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to turn on captions on your smartphone
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- Signature: Find out about the Signature conference here.
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children