This is a sponsored post from Sadler’s Wells.
Wild Card – Dan Daw
Lilian Baylis Studio
Stagetext captioned performance: Fri 31 Mar
Find out more here.
Dance maker and performer Dan Daw curates an evening of collaborations exploring the notions of ‘success’ and ‘failure’, highlighting the role of the audience’s perception in distinguishing the two.
Alongside a collaboration specially made for this evening by dance artists Lucy Suggate and Hannah Buckley, Dan has invited performer Keren Rosenberg and British performance and visual artist Graham Adey. Dan will perform his new solo On One Condition, a stripped back, affecting look at struggle, belonging, comfort, need and home, also conceived by Graham Adey.
Join us on Friday 31 March for the Stagetext Captioned Performance.
Co-compered by a BSL-interpreter
29 & 30 Apr
The world’s biggest festival of hip hop dance, is back at Sadler’s Wells for its 14th year running.
Find out more
Rambert – Ghost Dances
Sign Language Interpreted Performance
Wed 17 May
Christopher Bruce’s masterpiece, one of Rambert’s most celebrated works returns to Sadler’s Wells for the first time in 14 years.
Find out more
BSL Interpreted Talks
The season we are hosting a post-show BSL Interpreted Talk after James Compagnie du Hanneton / James Thierrée on Thu 4 May, and pre-show BSL Interpreted Talk before Rambert’s performance on Wed 17 May.
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to make Live Automated Captions with Apple’s Latest 'Clips' App
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people