Hello, my name is Irina Drytchak and I am a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults).
I have set up a company called Sign For All.
Sign For All is a Family Sign Language service supporting deaf parents with hearing children and hearing parents with deaf children. Sign For All also supports hearing and deaf fathers, mothers and babies and any families interested in learning sign language.
See more in sign below:
The service includes home visits (1 hour sessions), video clips, workshops, father support groups, mother and babies and family events. The sessions explore a range of topics suitable to each family.
Sign For All was set up due to the struggles of communication within the household, to support in improving relationships and to remove barriers between parents and their child.
As a CODA I grew up in a deaf household and I communicated with my parents in British Sign Language – and I am grateful I was able to, whereas in some families they are unable to communicate and this makes it frustrating for the child and the parents.
We will be liaising with schools (UK & International), educational centres, parents, councils and social services in finding creative ways for families to learn.
On Saturday 8th April 2017, Sign For All will have an Open Day at Springfield Parish Centre, Chelmsford, CM1 6GX.
This will be a Easter special and is open to all families – whether you are deaf parents with hearing children, or hearing parents with deaf children. Or carers of deaf children and those interested in knowing more about the service.
Sign For All’s aim is to provide a positive service and support families within the community.
Facebook: Irinaa Drytchak
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out the benefits of live captioning at university!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Stellar Communications: Speech-to-Text services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Helen Foulkes Translations: BSL translations
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children