It’s a big day tomorrow, and if you still haven’t made up your mind who to support, below is each party’s accessible resources, along with additional useful election links.
Useful election links
See Hear General Election Special (BBC iPlayer): Click here
BBC Election debate with BSL interpretation: Click here. With subtitles only: Click here
Question Time with BSL interpretation: Click here with subtitles only: Click here
Main manifesto page: https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto
BSL manifesto (on YouTube): Click here
Easy read manifesto: Click here
Main manifesto page: click here.
Easy read: click here.
Main manifesto page: http://www.libdems.org.uk/manifesto
BSL manifesto available on this page: http://www.libdems.org.uk/bsl
Easy read version available by clicking here.
Main manifesto page: http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017
BSL manifesto (summaries): http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/manifesto2017/accessible-manifesto
Easy read manifesto: Download as a PDF here.
Main manifesto page (Action Plan): http://www2.partyof.wales/actionplan17
BSL manifesto: http://www2.partyof.wales/bsl2017
Easy read manifesto: http://www2.partyof.wales/easyread17
Scottish National Party
Main manifesto page: https://www.snp.org/manifesto
BSL manifesto (Vimeo): https://vimeo.com/220206551
BSL manifesto with subtitles: Click here
Easy read manifesto: Click here
Main manifesto: http://www.ukip.org/manifesto2017
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people