This is a sponsored post.
There are three BSL interpreted Tours of Adventures in Moominland at the Southbank Centre over the next three months.
Climb into and get lost inside the world of Moominland as we explore the internationally renowned Moomin stories through the life of its author, Tove Jansson.
BSL Integrated Interpreted Tours in conjunction with Performance Interpreting Ltd, interpreted by BSL Interpreter Vicky Pannell, are on the following dates:
- Friday 30th June, 6.15pm
Thursday 27 July, 7.15pm
Tuesday 15 August, 6.15pm
The tours last 50 minutes and are suitable for those who are 7 years old or older.
Created in Finland, the Moomin stories are set in the fictional land of Moominvalley and centre around several oddly-shaped characters, including Moominpappa, Moominmamma, little Moomintroll and their friends.
Join us on an enthralling journey through our wondrous Moominland – clamber through forests, huddle in caves or set sail on the high seas to try and find the Moomin family. Along the way you can learn how Tove Jansson created these unique landscapes, characters and stories, while uncovering some special original drawings.
To book tickets email the Southbank Centre’s access team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the promo video below:
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people