This is a sponsored post.
WHAT ARE OUR WORDS? By Talia Randall
18th NOVEMBER – 8pm
Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8EH
BSL Accessible Event with BSL Interpreter Martin Fox-Roberts
Featuring Drag Rap artist Jacob V Joyce & Poet Playwright Hannah Silva & Tony Champion.
If you or a member of your party requires an When booking your seats please select ACCESSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS on the booking page, please let us know if you need to be seated near the Interpreter. Alternatively, once you have booked your tickets, you can give us a call using text relay on 020 7424 8477.
What Words Are Ours? is a tongue-twisting, thigh-slapping, tear-jerking night of text-based entertainment, featuring some of the UK’s most innovative and daring artists.
Poet, playwright and performer Hannah Silva will be sharing an extract from her critically acclaimed show Schlock!, whilst UK Poetry Slam Champion Toby Campion will be performing new work created especially about the Polari language.
Jacob V Joyce will be sharing their satirical picture-poems alongside other new work. Drag rapper and lava-tongued fierce-mover The Phoenix will be spitting fiery raps and breakneck moves.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out the benefits of live captioning at university!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Stellar Communications: Speech-to-Text services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Helen Foulkes Translations: BSL translations
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children