Here we go again, we can’t put it off any longer…Christmas is nearly upon us.
There’s lots of things to love about Christmas; alcohol, food, presents…more alcohol…but there are also plenty of things to hate, like Christmas cracker jokes…terrible Christmas cracker jokes.
So without further delay, in this special Christmas edition article, may I present to you a selection of deaf tailored Christmas Cracker jokes that you’ll wish you’d never laid eyes on!
- How do deaf pigs communicate?
With SWINE language!
- What did the police say when they arrested a deaf person?
“You have the right to remain…oh, never mind…”
- Why do farts smell?
To make them accessible to deaf people!
- “Doctor, I think I might be deaf!”
“What are the symptoms?”
“A yellow cartoon family but why is that relevant?”
- How do you win an argument with a deaf person?
Turn off the lights!
- Did you hear the one about the deaf guy?
Neither did he…
- What do you call a deaf writer/illustrator?
Whatever you like, they can’t hear you!
- What’s the best thing about hearing aids?
Turning them off!
You know what…I actually quite like that last one, it’s almost worth the paper hat!
Have a great Christmas everybody!
Read more of Teresa’s posts (with cartoons!) by clicking here.
Teresa is a freelance film maker, photographer and full time cynic. At school, she was voted “Most likely to end up in a lunatic asylum”, a fate which has thus far been avoided. Her pet hates are telephones, intercoms and all living things. Follow her on Twitter as @TGarratty
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people