This is a sponsored post.
A screening of sign language films is taking place on 16th January at London Short Film Festival, which has been curated by Zoe McWhinney. More info below, in BSL and English:
Lives in Sign Languages: a screening for Deaf and HoH audiences + intro
A screening of contemporary and archive shorts, exclusively for D/deaf audiences.
Tuesday 16 January 2018 18:30, BFI Southbank
Watch this information in BSL below or scroll down for the information in English (go to the YouTube video page here to turn on captions on the video if you need them).
LSFF present their first screening exclusively for D/deaf audiences, curated by LSFF’s young Deaf programmer Zoe McWhinney.
A selection of thought-provoking archive and contemporary short films bring stories about D/deaf culture and experience to the big screen.
All films will include BSL dialogue and/or subtitles, and an extended introduction to the programme will be fully supported by BSL interpreters and subtitles.
With the support of the BFI, awarding funds from The National Lottery.
The Silent Child
UK. Chris Overton. 20min
UK. Max Clendaniel. 10min
The Sound of Fear
US. Colin Campbell. 8min
SIGN: A silent short film
US. Andrew Keenan-Bolger. 15min
UK. William Horsefield. 8min
UK. Samuel Ash. 5min
For tickets, go to: http://bit.ly/DdeafaudiencesBFI
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people