Click on the titles to go to Remark’s website, then click ‘BSL’ to watch the news in beautiful sign language!
Woman jailed after pretending to be Deaf to steal money
A Scottish woman has been sentenced to prison after she pretended to be Deaf to steal from a bank in Aberdeen.
Australian TV subtitles law passed
The Australian parliament has backed the amended legislation to increase subtitling on free-to-air and subscription TV for Deaf and hard of hearing viewers.
Remark! annual day out
On Friday 29th June, Remark! enjoyed their annual team building day out to Thorpe Park!
‘Offensive’ sign language book causes outrage in the US
A new book has sparked outrage amongst the US Deaf community after a publishing house announced plans to publish a book titled “Super Smutty Sign Language”
Remark! introduces Level 3 Certificate in Communication Support
Remark! Interpreting are pleased to announce that we are now offering the Signature Level 3 Certificate in Learning Support (Communication Support Worker) which will start in October 2012.
‘Bridging the Gap’ comes to Brighton
Due to popular demand Remark! Training are bringing the new ‘Bridging the Gap’ course to Brighton!
Every Friday we feature Deaf news in British Sign Language (BSL) courtesy of our sponsor, Remark! To find out more about the company and the services they provide, just visit their website, http://remark.uk.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 6 awesome accessibility apps!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people