The charity STAGETEXT (who are one of our supporters) and DIGITAL THEATRE are delighted to announce that they have formed a partnership to make acclaimed, entertaining theatre available with captions online.
Six fully captioned theatre productions will be available to rent or buy online via the Digital Theatre website with the option of captioning from Thursday 18 September 2014 onwards.
The six celebrated captioned productions, filmed live in a range of prestigious UK theatre venues are:
DIGITAL THEATRE works in partnership with leading performing arts companies to capture live performance authentically onscreen and makes productions available to a worldwide audience in High Definition.
Their newest production, the Almeida Theatre’s multi award-winning Ghosts is also released on Thursday 18 September. Therefore a brand new DIGITAL THEATRE production will be released online with the option of STAGETEXT captioning for the first time ever.
Read more about the project and the list of captioned productions on offer via the STAGETEXT official News Story, here.
Read our interview with Tabitha Allum about her work at STAGETEXT, by clicking here.
More information on how to rent or purchase the captioned productions via the Digital Theatre website from Thursday 18 September onwards will be released soon. In the meantime please visit www.digitaltheatre.com.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about 5 funny ways to use captions!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people