Below is a video all about this year’s DaDaFest International, which is being held in Liverpool! Read on below the video for a transcript.
To find out more about the festival, go to: http://www.dadafest.co.uk/the-festival/
Ruth Gould – Hello, are you feeling great?
Barry Avison – Hello, great to see you again!
RG – Welcome to the festival!
BA – Welcome to the festival!
RG – It`s the time of the year again.
BA – Again?
RG – Two years has flown by quickly.
BA – Already?
RG – Busy, busy, busy.
BA – Yeah!
RG – Great programme this year.
BA – Fantastic, we`ve got people from all over the world coming.
RG – Everything is happening. We`ve got visual arts, performance, dancing, singing…
BA – Liverpool is the centre of the universe for Deaf and Disability Arts.
RG – Exactly, we want them to come here and work here.
BA – Agree, and we have been working non-stop. When we see them coming, we will celebrate, celebration
RG – Look at our website www.dadafest.
BA – Dot co dot uk at the end.
RG – Right, come and see us and say “Hi!” to us.
BA – I will be working in the office, but come and meet me and take me out of the office and I will show you what`s happening.
RG – Yes! Fantastic, Cool … Bye!
BA – Bye Bye!
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people