Great Britain’s European deaf bronze medal winning heroes will be playing in Peterborough this weekend at a family football funday with Arsenal Celebrities and football legends.
The GB team, which is comprised of some of the world’s best deaf footballers, will be taking on non-league Peterborough Northern Star in a charity day to raise money for Peterborough United’s deaf football project.
Also playing will be Peterborough United Legends up against The Arsenal Celebrity Charity team and Peterborough’s Deaf Team against the Peterborough Amputee team. The Peterborough United Amputee team include many of the best players in Great Britain.
As well as football action, there will also be plenty of fun for kids and adults too. As well as a bar and food, there will be face-painting, bouncy castle a penalty competition and fastest football shot game. Peterborough Fire Service will also be bringing along an engine for the kids to get excited about.
Organiser Andy Palmer said: “If you want to see some of the best deaf and amputee players in the world then come along! It’s such a unique event and there will be celebrities and footballers from the past coming along to support deaf football in Peterborough.”
- When: Sunday 2nd August
- Time: From 11am (GB Deaf on pitch at 3pm)
- Where: Peterborough Northern Star Football Club (see map)
- Who is playing: GB Deaf, Posh Legends, Arsenal Celebrities, Peterborough United Deaf and Amputee team
- Attractions: Bar, Food, Bouncy Castle, Fire Engine, Face painting, raffle, football fun games
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people