Great Britain’s European deaf bronze medal winning heroes will be playing in Peterborough this weekend at a family football funday with Arsenal Celebrities and football legends.
The GB team, which is comprised of some of the world’s best deaf footballers, will be taking on non-league Peterborough Northern Star in a charity day to raise money for Peterborough United’s deaf football project.
Also playing will be Peterborough United Legends up against The Arsenal Celebrity Charity team and Peterborough’s Deaf Team against the Peterborough Amputee team. The Peterborough United Amputee team include many of the best players in Great Britain.
As well as football action, there will also be plenty of fun for kids and adults too. As well as a bar and food, there will be face-painting, bouncy castle a penalty competition and fastest football shot game. Peterborough Fire Service will also be bringing along an engine for the kids to get excited about.
Organiser Andy Palmer said: “If you want to see some of the best deaf and amputee players in the world then come along! It’s such a unique event and there will be celebrities and footballers from the past coming along to support deaf football in Peterborough.”
- When: Sunday 2nd August
- Time: From 11am (GB Deaf on pitch at 3pm)
- Where: Peterborough Northern Star Football Club (see map)
- Who is playing: GB Deaf, Posh Legends, Arsenal Celebrities, Peterborough United Deaf and Amputee team
- Attractions: Bar, Food, Bouncy Castle, Fire Engine, Face painting, raffle, football fun games
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out 5 ways to fund live captions at your event!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people