Extract from West Briton:
CORNWALL’S only deaf centre looks to have earned a stay of execution after supporters helped to smash a fundraising target.
The West Briton recently reported that Cornwall Deaf Centre, based in East Charles Street, Camborne, was in danger of closing and a fundraising target had been set up to try and save it.
The Crowdfunding page, set up by Carleen Collins, one of the sign language interpreters for Cornwall who operates at the centre, managed to raise more than £2,500 comfortably surpassing its target of £1,000.
Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/cornwall-deaf-centre-temporarily-saved-after-smashing-fundraising-target/story-29422341-detail/story.html#ixzz4CJ3mBkMO
Follow us: @westbriton on Twitter | westbriton on Facebook
Read more at http://www.westbriton.co.uk/cornwall-deaf-centre-temporarily-saved-after-smashing-fundraising-target/story-29422341-detail/story.html#AOtm3yQUwyoPQfYZ.99
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Phonak: innovative technology and products in hearing acoustics
- Ai-Live: Find out 5 ways to fund live captions at your event!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Clarion: BSL/English interpreting and employment services
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: online BSL learning and teaching materials
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- SDHH: Project Development and Consultancy
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people
- deafPLUS: Money advice line in BSL
- Happy: Microsoft Office courses taught in BSL and SSE by a Deaf trainer – all abilities catered for
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- DCAL: Find out how to study at the Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre, London
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- Sarah Gatford: BSL interpreting, training and consultancy
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people