For our readers in the north-west, we’ve received information (below) about a signing Santa at Winter Wonderland Manchester.
We strongly suggest that prior to your visit, you make contact with the organisers to confirm ticket availability and inform them that your Deaf child would like to see the signing Santa, to avoid disappointment – as we have no idea exactly how reliable this event will be (and we’d hate your child to be disappointed!). Good luck!
From press release:
Deaf and hard-of-hearing children will be able to tell Santa what’s on their Christmas list this year at Winter Wonderland Manchester on Friday, 16th December from 5pm to 9pm.
Kingpin Events, organisers of the huge festive extravaganza, have enlisted a Signing Santa and Elf to ensure that all children with hearing problems are able to communicate with the Man in the Red Suit.
Tammy Silcock of Kingpin Events, the organiser of Winter Wonderland said: “We want to make Winter Wonderland Manchester as inclusive as we possibly can to ensure that children have a magical experience!”
For more information visit www.winterwonderlandmanchester.com
Follow on Facebook facebook.com/WinterWonderlandManchester and Twitter @WWManchester
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. How to make Live Automated Captions with Apple’s Latest 'Clips' App
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Sign Solutions:, language and learning
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people