This is a sponsored post from Linguistpd.
We are hugely excited and proud to announce that our first subtitled online course has now been launched!
The course is entitled Professional Boundaries- maintaining wellbeing for you and your clients, and it is taught by Dr Wendy McIntosh.
Dr Wendy McIntosh PHD is a psychiatric nurse with over 30 years experience, and professional boundaries is an area of practice that she’s been developing for many years. Wendy has worked in a range of roles including clinician, researcher and educator, and is now director of her own company and holds workshops regularly.
What will you learn on the course?
How do we handle the sometimes delicate professional-client relationship? What do we do when we feel that our boundaries are being pushed? How do we deal with vicarious trauma and transference?
The course will consider the above and much more. After each lecture, there’s a chance to consider the topic in more depth, with exercises, quizzes, and recommended reading.
As mentioned above, there’s a free preview of the course available, and we would love to get your feedback at the end!
How long is the course?
The course duration is a minimum of 4 hours when undertaking the exercises as directed.
How many CPD points will you get?
You will get a minimum of 4 structured CPD points upon completing the course, plus material for unstructured learning.
How much does it cost?
The course costs £150.
If you want to enroll on the course, you can do so by clicking here.
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people