The National Theatre is a supporter of this site. Check out their captioned performances here.
Common by DC Moore
An epic tale of lost land. Headlong’s Artisitc Director, Jeremy Herrin (People, Places & Things, This House), directs a cast including Ann-Marie Duff and Cush Jumbo.
Saturday 8 July at 2pm
Monday 10 July at 7.30pm
Thursday 3 August at 7.30pm
The Majority by Rob Drummond
Can you change the show with your votes? Every night will be different depending on the majority.
Monday 28 August at 7.30pm LIVE captioned
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
Following the critically acclaimed season at the NT and a UK tour, Jane Eyre returns to the National Theatre this September.
Saturday 14 October at 1.30pm
Follies book by James Goldman, music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim
Tracie Bennett, Janie Dee and Imelda Staunton play the magnificent Follies in this dazzling musical.
Wednesday 18 October at 7.30pm
Saturday 28 October at 2pm
Beginning by David Eldridge
Polly Findlay directs this tender and funny new play, which is an intimate look at the first fragile moments of risking your heart and taking a chance.
Tuesday 7 November at 2.30pm
Monday 13 November at 7.30pm
Saint George and the Dragon by Rory Mullarkey
A village. A dragon. A damsel in distress. Rory Mullarkey creates a new folk tale for an uneasy nation, directed by Lyndsey Turner.
Saturday 11 November at 2pm
Wednesday 22 November at 7.30pm
Network adapted by Lee Hall, based on the Paddy Chayefsky film
Network depicts a dystopian media landscape where opinion trumps fact. Hilarious and horrifying by turns. With a cast including Bryan Cranston and directed by Ivo van Hove.
Monday 15 January at 7.30pm
Wednesday 24 January at 2pm
Monday 19 March at 7.30pm
Pinocchio by Dennis Kelly, with songs and score from the Walt Disney film by Leigh Harline, Ned Washington and Paul J Smith, adapted by Martin Lowe
This spectacular new production is brought to the stage by an extraordinary team including the director of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and the writer of Matilda the Musical.
Saturday 20 January at 2pm
Monday 12 February at 7pm
Tuesday 13 February at 2pm
Wednesday 28 March at 7pm
Further information on all captioned performances can be found at nationaltheatre.org.uk/access
Tickets for captioned performances are £16, or £15 for Travelex productions.
To book contact the box office 020 7452 3000 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out 7 things deaf people want you to know!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- BSL Zone: TV programmes in BSL for the Deaf community
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Hearing Choices: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people