National charity Action on Hearing Loss is inviting people with hearing loss to take part in their focus groups this July to share their experiences and help shape the charity’s future.
Action on Hearing Loss is the UK’s largest charity representing people with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus and is currently planning the next five years of its work.
The focus groups which include two BSL focus groups, will take place at the charity’s headquarters, 1-3 Highbury Station Road, London, N1 1SE, will help gather research for their new five-year organisational strategy.
The charity wants to hear people’s views on what it is like to live with hearing loss, deafness or tinnitus, and what would have the greatest impact on their life.
Current Opportunities, including sessions in British Sign Language:
- 3 July, 11am – 1pm – Focus Group: Your experiences of hearing loss, tinnitus or deafness
- 4 July, 5:30pm – 7:30pm – BSL Focus Group: your experiences and view
- 11 July, 5:30pm – 7:30pm – Focus Group: Your experiences of hearing loss, tinnitus or deafness
- 12 July 11am – 1pm – BSL Focus Group: your experiences and views
For more information about this research, how to register to join the focus groups or how to get involved, please email Gillian.Rollason@hearingloss.org.uk or call 020 3227 6045, or visit https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/about-us/shaping-the-future-survey.aspx
The Limping Chicken is the world's most popular Deaf blog, and is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne. Find out how to write for us by clicking here, how to follow us by clicking here, and read our disclaimer here.
The site exists thanks to our supporters. Check them out below:
- Eyewitness Media: TV and film from a Deaf perspective
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out about the Deaf fashion bloggers taking on the world!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- Association of Notetaking Professionals: The professional body representing Electronic and Manual Notetakers
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people