National charity Action on Hearing Loss is inviting people with hearing loss to take part in their focus groups this July to share their experiences and help shape the charity’s future.
Action on Hearing Loss is the UK’s largest charity representing people with hearing loss, deafness and tinnitus and is currently planning the next five years of its work.
The focus groups which include two BSL focus groups, will take place at the charity’s headquarters, 1-3 Highbury Station Road, London, N1 1SE, will help gather research for their new five-year organisational strategy.
The charity wants to hear people’s views on what it is like to live with hearing loss, deafness or tinnitus, and what would have the greatest impact on their life.
Current Opportunities, including sessions in British Sign Language:
- 3 July, 11am – 1pm – Focus Group: Your experiences of hearing loss, tinnitus or deafness
- 4 July, 5:30pm – 7:30pm – BSL Focus Group: your experiences and view
- 11 July, 5:30pm – 7:30pm – Focus Group: Your experiences of hearing loss, tinnitus or deafness
- 12 July 11am – 1pm – BSL Focus Group: your experiences and views
For more information about this research, how to register to join the focus groups or how to get involved, please email Gillian.Rollason@hearingloss.org.uk or call 020 3227 6045, or visit https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/about-us/shaping-the-future-survey.aspx
The Limping Chicken is the UK’s deaf blogs and news website, and is the world’s most popular deaf blog. It is edited by Deaf journalist and filmmaker Charlie Swinbourne.
Please note that the views of the writers are their own, and not necessarily the views of the Editor or site as a whole. Read our disclaimer here.
- Rayovac: Never run out of hearing aid batteries again by subscribing!
- Ai-Media: Remote captioning. Find out how to add Live Captions to Facebook Live!
- Bellman & Symfon: home alerting solutions
- Deaf Umbrella: sign language interpreting and communications support
- Appa: Communication services for Deaf, Deafblind and hard of hearing people
- SignLive: Online video interpreting for Deaf people
- SignVideo: Instant BSL video interpreting online
- 121 Captions: captioning and speech-to-text services
- Hearing Direct: Online hearing aids
- Signature: Leading awarding body for BSL qualifications
- Signworld: Learn BSL online!
- Cast Theatre, Doncaster: The UK's the UK’s first fully BSL integrated pantomime
- The National Theatre: Captioned and BSL accessible theatre in London
- Doncaster School for the Deaf: education for Deaf children
- Sign Solutions: communication support, training and translation
- InterpretersLive: On demand BSL video interpretation
- Hamilton Lodge School in Brighton: education for Deaf children
- Lipspeaker UK: specialist lipspeaking support
- Ozen: Australian hearing aid specialists
- Elmfield School, Bristol: Inclusive education for Deaf pupils
- deafPLUS: BSL advice helpline
- Exeter Deaf Academy: education for Deaf children
- Royal Shakespeare Company: Captioned and BSL interpreted performances (see dates here)
- Royal School for the Deaf, Derby: Residential education for deaf children
- RAD Tax Advice: Tax and Tax Credit info for Deaf people
- Deaf Independent: Deaf care and support services
- Performance Interpreting: BSL interpreting at concerts
- National Deaf Children's Society: The leading charity for deaf children
- cSeeker: Deaf-led educational communication support service
- Signed Culture: Advocating for BSL access to arts and culture
- SignHealth: healthcare charity for Deaf people
- CJ Interpreting: communication support in BSL
- Action Deafness Communications: sign language and Red Dot online video interpreting
- BSLcourses.co.uk: Provider of online BSL courses
- British Society for Mental Health and Deafness: Promoting positive mental health for deaf people