Here’s what rocked The Limping Chicken’s world this week with the top five most viewed stories.
- William Mager looked at how Google Glass could dramatically change the lives of deaf people: Could Google Glass be the Deaf community’s ‘disruptive innovation’?
- History was made when: Gerry Hughes became the first British deaf man to sail around the world and then he arrived home to a rapturous reception
- Commuters got a saucy shock when a BSL Flashmob marked deaf awareness week in Rocky Horror style
- We were amazed how one deaf woman’s hearing aid was used during brain surgery: “I was wide awake during brain surgery… with my hearing aid on”
- And got some inspiratonal fashion news with an exclusive interview with a top deaf model: “I’m fluent in many sign languages.” Meet Carola, the deaf Norwegian model who lets her body do the talking
The Limping Chicken will be back on Monday morning with some fresh eggs .. or blogs .. or blegs?
The Limping Chicken is supported by a range of charities and organisations linked to deafness, all of whom offer services that enhance deaf lives. Click on the images on the right-hand side of this site or go to our Supporter’s page to find out all about them!